Saturday, July 5, 2014

Quilled girl



   This project started as a card request. I was asked to make a card for a nature lover ,with a name and some butterflies, slowly additions were made and subsequently the size also increased until it reached an A3 size frame work. The girl with a peacock feather gown was to be the focus of this work,  I tried layering the feathers and then tried making a peacock tail like design , which  unfortunately left large gaps . Later I made the peacock eye shapes and filled the gaps with beehive technique. I made tiny flowers for her hair and some for her to hold in her arms.

    Quilling a scarlet Macaw was in my to do list and so took this opportunity to make one. I found an image of this Macaw in flight and used it.I used 3mm strips to make this one. Most of the feathers are made using wheat ear technique.


   I loved how this butterfly turned out I used 3mm dark centre quilling paper , purple colour to make this one.


    This is my biggest project so far and many thanks to my customer who gave me precise instructions on colours and placements and for the beautiful font for the name. It was almost ten days of hard work but the warm appreciation from the recipient made it all worth it. Needless to say it looks many times better in person .

Thanks for stopping by , Have a wonderful day.



25 comments:

Nikita A said...

This is amazing!!! Love the dress... Looks like peacock feathers!! <3

The bird and butterfly are super too!!

Unknown said...

Akka... awesome work as usual... admire the amount of creativity and passion that goes into each work of urs...

SD pooja said...

Its AWESOME work..Lots of hardwork to achieve perfect quilling !

Gayatri said...

Amazing work. The Macaw and butterflies.. awesome. No words. (bow)

Eliza Art said...

Wow! Amazing work. Picture of a lady with flowers, butterfly and parrot is wonderful. I am full of admire. Regards

Twara Raval (Ratna) said...

woooooooow its really beautiful....... excellent work...

DreaMe said...

It is pretty amazing Suganthy!!! I love it soooo much!

Anuprem said...

wow...........such a great work...

Hussena said...

I think I am truly short on words to describe how incredibly beautiful these projects look ..The girl with the peacock dress and the butterflies is simply outstanding work Suganthi!!Even that quilled macaw look's like a small masterpiece ..You are so gifted :)

Angel said...

Fabulous !!amazing beauty !

Radhika said...

Amazing work Suganthi ..lovely details..:)

Sathya said...

Composition and quilled elements added are so complementing with the theme. Truly an awesome project in every sense.
Love it a lot dear :)

Unknown said...

OMG!! It looks soo pretty!!! Can you please do a tutorial on how to make that macaw!!

WhiteRacoon said...

Magnificent! Brilliant work! Can't belive you made all those feathers for the skirt... Macaw looks like a real one, perfect job!
I'm impressed, thanks for sharing!

Paper Zen said...

Beautifully done Suganthi! I love how the macaw is taking flight. I had to enlarge the photo of her dress because I just had to see the peacock feathers up close!

LostnThought said...

Absolutely stunning!

Mini_malna said...

very beatiful and awsome!

Pritesh Dagur said...

Beaiful frame Suganthi :) The Macaw is specially ute :)

Ann Martin said...

I love everything about it! It's difficult to arrange separate items so they flow as one, but I think you did it perfectly.

Pily Nuñez said...

awesome composition!!! bravo!!!

lovecraftingpaper said...

Wow, Suganthi, this is another great creation! The peacock dress is amazing. Peacock is a wonderful animal and all decorations that remind it make creations great. Your parrot is also stunning!
I have no words! I can't believe you made this all in just ten days... But it was really worth working hard, because it is really a masterpiece!

Mariangela

Leanne said...

Simply fabulous!!

Anu Yalo said...

Beautiful work
http://anucraftsworld.blogspot.ae/

Reni said...

Simply amazing !

Unknown said...

I am very much inspired by your craft and technique. It would be so nice if you try penguins or maybe a Micky mouse cartoon character for kids. Thanks